Kentucky Recreation & Parks Society
Skip to nav
Now Hiring! Frankfort Parks & Recreation Deputy Director- Deadline 6/2/23
The following positions are currently available:
Deputy Director- Frankfort Parks & Recreation
City of Frankfort, Kentucky
Parks and Recreation Deputy Director
The City of Frankfort, Kentucky is seeking applications from individuals interested in the position of Parks and Recreation Deputy Director. This position is responsible for assisting with the general administration, development and direction of parks, recreation and historic sites facilities, landscapes, events and programs for all age groups and interest levels within the City of Frankfort. Assists with supervising and managing park personnel to ensure facilities and landscapes are properly maintained and safe for park users and visitors. Developing and maintaining the necessary physical facilities to make programs effective; and performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Three years of experience in the administration of parks and recreation facilities, personnel and programs preferred. Graduate work in a related field will substitute for the experience on a year-foryear basis.
- Bachelor's degree in recreation or a related field preferred. Additional experience will substitute for the education on a year-for-year basis.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical management assistance to organizational units within the Division of Parks, Recreation & Historic Sites.
- Assist in the development of parks and recreation programs for all ages and interest levels within the city.
- Provide assistance in the development and maintenance of adequate physical facilities for maximum program effectiveness and safety to the public.
- Review program and operational issues and provide the Director with recommendations for change and the disposition of issues.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications, the development and administration of the budget for the department, and the management and supervision of parks and recreation staff and programs.
- In general and in coordination with the parks director, oversees and manages the daily and long term operation of the Juniper Hill Aquatic Center including but not limited to hiring and supervising staff, ensuring proper maintenance is performed, recommends long term capital improvements, oversees safety training, certifications and equipment, facility safety and operations, admissions and concession operation, water treatment and chemical management, among others.
- In general and in coordination with the parks director, oversees the hiring process of the aquatic center and athletic program management staff and works closely with them to ensure proper daily and long term operations, safety protocols are instituted, daily maintenance is completed, and other routine operations.
- Oversees and manages youth and adult athletic programs, activities and facilities including but not limited to baseball, softball, soccer, among others.
- Works closely with the Capitol View Park Supervisor/Athletics Director on youth and adult sports operations and ensures proper management and overall conditions of all athletic facilities at Capitol View as well as East Frankfort Park, Lakeview Park, State Stadium and the archery range at Cove Spring Park.
- Oversees the archery range facility at Cove Spring Park and ensures the facility is safe and follows standard operations procedures.
- Assists with developing the parks annual budget and assists with managing invoices, purchase orders, and managing the overall budget with the department heads.
- Assist with and leads overseeing, developing, promoting and organizing fundraising events and functions for the Parks 501(c) 3 Foundation in partnership with the KY Blue Grass Community Foundation.
- Assists with developing and managing MOA/U’s for the department.
- Ensures Purchase Orders are submitted by staff and approved according to policy.
- Prepares and manages labor contracts for park positions such as aquatic center supervisors, athletic league managers, concession managers, etc.
- Assists with managing payroll and personnel policies and procedures for parks employees and contract labor.
- Assist all park departments on various park projects, daily operations and business practices and ensure standard operating procedures are being followed.
- Attends city commission meetings, city staff meetings and other park business meetings at the request of the director or in the absence of the director.
- Supervises all parks department operations in the absence of the parks director.
Comprehensive benefits provided, including retirement plan and health insurance.
Interested candidates should submit the following items by 6/02/2023
- Cover letter
- Employment application
Please apply online at the City of Frankfort website: https://secure4.entertimeonline.com/ta/6140073.careers?CareersSearch
The City of Frankfort is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or any other non-merit based factor.